43rd Annual Parade of Lights
Join the Fun
December 7, 2019
Thank you for your interest in joining Boating Lake Mead’s 43rd Annual Parade of Lights! Please read the following rules & fill out the participation form to join in on the fun.
Judging will be on the overall creativity, brightness and awesomeness!
The judging panel will be made up of power and/or sail boaters from Las Vegas Boat Harbor, Lake Mead Marina and Callville Bay, along with a representative from the National Park Service and the media. We also plan on having a People’s Choice Award that will be open for voting on our Facebook page the evening of the event.
Awards & Prizes
- Participants that sign up before November 15th will be entered in a drawing for a $100 gift card. Presented at Award Ceremony – Must be present to win.
- Every participant Captain will receive a $10 gift card for being part of the event. Receive at time of parade check-in.
- Boater’s Give Back – For every can of food donated at the check-in, you will receive a raffle ticket for a fun boater’s gift basket. See Boater’s Give Back section below.
- Class A – Vessels up to 27′ 6″ in registered length – First, second and third place trophies
- Class B – Vessels 27′ 7″ to 40′ in registered length – First, second and third place trophies
- Class B – Vessels 40′ 1″ and up in registered length – First, second and third place trophies
- People’s Choice Award – Vote day of the parade – Winner receives $500 cash
The award ceremony will be held directly after the parade on the patio at Lake Mead Marina.
Vessel Inspection Requirements
- Life jackets for all passengers on board.
- Fire extinguishers required for the vessel (appropriate amount per the vessel requirements).
- No decorations creating a dangerous boating hazard.
- All necessary safety equipment required by law.
- All required navigation lights as required by law.
Boater’s Give Back
- Donate canned food and non-perishable food items.
- For every can of food donated at the check-in, you will receive a raffle ticket for a fun boater’s gift basket.
- Boater’s gift basket will include fun BoatingLakeMead swag, dinner at the Boat House for 2, and other fun items/gear.
Rules & Participation
Only 50 entries permitted. Enter early to ensure your place!
- You must check in between 10AM and 2PM, December 7th at the Parade Registration Desk at Lake Mead Marina Restaurant.
- The parade will depart from Las Vegas Boat Harbor and Lake Mead Marina at 6PM.
- There will be a MANDATORY Captain’s meeting at 3PM in the rear of the Lake Mead Marina Restaurant.
- Shuttle service will be provided between the two marinas for Captains’ meetings.
- Boats will be judged from the Starboard side.
- Boats must pass a safety inspection.
- Boats will be safety inspected in the water between 10:30AM and 2:30PM the day of the parade.
- Register for the parade online at boatinglakemead.com/paradeoflights or email the printable form to email@example.com.
- No walk-up entries after 2PM, December 7th.
- In case of inclement weather, entrants will be judged in the water, dockside.
- VHF radio required – channel.
- NO SAILBOARDS, JETSKIs (PWCs) or TOWS.