44th Annual Parade of Lights
Join the Fun
December 3, 2022
Thank you for your interest in joining Boating Lake Mead’s 44th Annual Parade of Lights! Please read the following rules & fill out the participation form to join in on the fun.
Judging will be done by you, the public, on the overall creativity, brightness, and Best of Show, in multiple size classes! Voting will open at 5 pm day of the Parade. Check back on the BoatingLakeMead homepage to access the voting link.
Awards & Prizes
- Participants that sign up before November 19th will be entered in a drawing for a $100 gift card. Presented at Award Ceremony – Must be present to win.
- Every participant Captain will receive a special gift.
- Class A – Vessels up to 27′ 6″ in registered length
- Class B – Vessels 27′ 7″ to 40′ in registered length
- Class B – Vessels 40′ 1″ and up in registered length
- Overall Best in Show – Winner receives $500 cash and trophy
The award ceremony will be held directly after the parade on the patio at Lake Mead Marina.
Vessel Inspection Requirements
- Mandatory Captain check-in from 9:30 am – 2 pm at Lake Mead Marina.
- Day of the Parade, Power Squadron will perform mandatory safety inspections after check-in.
- Life jackets for all passengers on board.
- Fire extinguishers required for the vessel (appropriate amount per the vessel requirements).
- No decorations creating a dangerous boating hazard.
- All necessary safety equipment required by law.
- All required navigation lights as required by law.
Participate in the Parade of Lights
Rules & Participation
Only 50 entries are permitted. Enter early to ensure your place!
- You must check in between 9:30 AM and 2 PM, December 3rd, at the Parade Registration Desk at Lake Mead Marina Restaurant.
- The parade will depart from Las Vegas Boat Harbor and Lake Mead Marina at 6PM.
- There will be a MANDATORY Captain’s meeting at 3PM in the rear of the Lake Mead Marina Restaurant.
- Shuttle service will be provided between the two marinas for Captains’ meetings.
- Boats will be judged from the Starboard side.
- Boats must pass a safety inspection.
- Boats will be safety inspected in the water between 10:30AM and 2:30PM the day of the Parade.
- Register for the parade online at boatinglakemead.com/paradeoflights or email the printable form to Parade@boatinglakemead.com.
- No walk-up entries after 2PM, December 3rd.
- In case of inclement weather, entrants will be judged in the water, dockside.
- VHF radio required – channel 68.
- NO SAILBOARDS, JETSKIs (PWCs), or towing.