Save Lake Mead – test top menu
Dear Concerned Boater / Moorage Customer / Lake Mead User / Enjoyer of Lake Mead NRA,
Please take a few minutes to read – Lake Mead needs your help!
Boating is the cornerstone of recreation on Lake Mead. The National Park Service is always planning for future management and use. NPS is currently seeking public comment on a series of questions that have been released. They have also released a schedule of public meetings.
We must speak up, answer these questions and join these meetings to keep Lake Mead a viable and loved future recreation resource. Lake Mead is the lifeline of our boating community in Southern Nevada, we as boaters must come together to have our voices heard that boating is essential and access needs to be maintained now and in the future.
What can you do?
- – Read the questions below, then click here and type out your opinion.
- – Share with your friends to do the same.
- – Attend one of the scheduled meetings.
- – Do not do one – do both, write and attend!! It is vital!
- – Write your elected officials (helpful info below)
Topic Questions Instructions:
Please share your ideas. During this comment period, it is most helpful to respond to as many of the following questions as possible.
- 1. Given the current water levels and future projections, what experiences in Lake Mead National Recreation Area are most important to you? What kind of experiences do you want future visitors to have when they come to the park?
- 2. Given your response to Question #1 regarding important experiences for you and future visitors, what barriers might get in the way of enjoying or visiting Lake Mead National Recreation Area? What barriers might prevent you from achieving your desired experiences?
- 3. Please provide input on the preliminary management concepts. What do you recommend the planning team consider, to address barriers and/or key issues, given the rapid decline in water levels?
- 4. What actions is the park currently taking to manage these issues that you’d like to see continue?
- 5. Other thoughts you’d like to share with the project team?
Helpful Answers for Topic Questions
Please read Las Vegas Boat Harbor’s Official Comments – Click Here
Meadview, AZ – Tuesday, Dec. 6, 2022; 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. MST at the Meadview Civic Association Building; 247 E. Meadview Blvd., Meadview, AZ 86444
After you read the document and answer the 5 questions please reach out to our Government Representatives. If you have connections, please use them. Make calls and bring this concern to the forefront of their workday. Big or little it all helps.
Reach Out to Our Government Representatives
Please email and call our Senators’ Offices
- Senator Catherine Cortez Masto || Contact here: https://www.cortezmasto.senate.gov/contact
- Senator Jacky Rosen || Contact here: https://www.rosen.senate.gov/email-jacky/
To reach out to Congresswomen and Congressmen, you must have an address in their district or use an address in their district:
- Congresswoman Dina Titus – CD 1 – occupies most of Nevada’s largest city, Las Vegas, as well as parts of North Las Vegas and parts of unincorporated Clark County. Contact here: https://titus.house.gov/contact/
- Congresswoman Susie Lee – CD 3 – occupies area south of Las Vegas, including Henderson, Boulder City and much of unincorporated Clark County. Contact here: https://susielee.house.gov/
- Congressman Steven Horsford – CD4 – includes North LV – Occupies central portion of the state, it includes most of northern Clark County, southern Lyon County and all of Esmeralda, Lincoln, Mineral, Nye and White Pine counties. Contact here: https://horsford.house.gov/address_authentication?form=/contact
- Congressman Mark Amodei – cd 2 – Northern NV rep – occupies the northern third of the state. It includes most of Lyon County, all of Churchill, Douglas, Elko, Eureka, Humboldt, Lander, Pershing, Storey, and Washoe counties, as well as the state capital, Carson City. Contact here: https://amodei.house.gov/
Contact our Governor & Incoming Governor Elect
Please help! Click, write, and attend!!!