Boating Hacks from BoatingLakeMead that You’ll Wish You Knew SoonerApril 1st, 2021
The goal of owning or renting a boat is to actually spend some time out on the water. At BoatingLakeMead, we are here to help with some tips and tricks to save you time cleaning, servicing and preparing your boat so that you can maximize your time on the water. Here are our favorite tips:
- Wipe down your boat with morning dew for a spot-free shine.
- Before trailering your boat, wipe it down with dish soap so it sheds road dust.
- Prevent chips in fiberglass by using masking tape when drilling.
- Use oven cleaner to remove adhesives cleanly from gelcoat.
- Make a departure checklist to make getting into the water faster.
- Put dish soap on trailer bunks so the boat slides into the water easier.
- Coat rigging cables with baby power or silicone spray to make them easier to pull.
- Free up fasteners with a mix of acetone and transmission fluid.
- Keep a roll of duct tape on board to temporarily patch leaks.
- Squirrel away old engine belts for emergencies.
- Test your fume detector using a butane lighter.
- When refueling, open all hatches and check for fumes.
- Check the O-rings on fuel caps for damage to prevent water infiltration.
- Clean your shore power cord easily with pumice hand cleaner.
- Use a piece of hose or stiff tubing to protect pop shafts during transport.
- Keep a tool box aboard with plenty of spare parts, as well as a first aid kit.
Boat Sales, Rentals, Service, & More at BoatingLakeMead
Are you ready to spend some time out on the water? At BoatingLakeMead, we have everything you need for a great experience, from boat sales and rentals to kayaks, paddle boards, and jet ski rentals. We also offer boat service and repairs, boat storage, and slips at Las Vegas Boat Harbor and Lake Mead Marina on Lake Mead.
Get ready for some fun on Lake Mead with BoatingLakeMead today. Call 702-BOATING (262-8464) or contact us online for help with all your boating needs!